Call Us Toll Free: 1-855-430-7753


See if your question's been answered
Looking for more answers? Find advice to
commonly asked questions from our team
of insurance experts.


Can I get insurance when I only have a G1 license?


You probably cannot get insurance with only your G1 license, as it is only the written test. You may be able to get insurance by being listed on someone else's policy. In addition, you may have to obtain your unrestricted license within a specified time frame.

A G1 is basically a permit and you are not to drive alone and thus an insurer will normally want a fully licensed driver on your policy with you.

You can get a fast, direct insurance quote here to see how much it will cost for you to get Canadian car insurance.

Add Comment

Leave a Comment
0 Responses to "Can I get insurance when I only have a G1 license?"