Call Us Toll Free: 1-855-430-7753


See if your question's been answered
Looking for more answers? Find advice to
commonly asked questions from our team
of insurance experts.


What is a named operator policy?


Question: I need to find out about named operator policy and how I apply for it? Thank you I can't seem to find it online.

Answer: A named-operator policy is often also called a non-owner policy. It is written when a driver needs coverage only for his personal operation of a vehicle not owned by him or a family member.

Another reason people get this type of policy is if you are in need of a required liability policy to get an SR-22 filed with the state but do not own a vehicle. You can read more about an SR-22 here.

If you need this type of liability insurance, it only covers the named insured while driving vehicles. In most states a non-owner policy contains bodily injury liability and property damage liability. Depending on the type of coverage you choose for your policy, the policy will cover you up to the limits you choose.

Currently the best way to obtain a non-owners policy and/or SR-22 filing is by contacting our call center toll-free at 1-855-430-7753. Our agents will help you obtain a quote for the coverage you need.


Add Comment

Leave a Comment
2 Responses to "What is a named operator policy?"
  1. Visitor

    It doesn't say a typical price range for named operator coverage!

  2. Anonymous

    "Named Operator" insurance covers driver only, in types of vehicles applied for, owned or not. Ive had this coverage several times in the past and the biggest hassel is to find an agent that will sell it, they always want to sell you something that makes them more money.