The number of points that will go on your Pennsylvania license for speeding will depend on how many miles per hour over the posted speed limit you were cited for. According to the PennDOT Point System Fact Sheet the points for exceeding the speed limit are as follows:
- 6 to 10 over the posted speed is 2 points
- 11 to 15 over the posted speed is 3 points
- 16 to 25 over the posted speed is 4 points
- 26 to 30 over the posted speed is 5 points
- 31 and above over the posted speed is 5 points and you must attend a departmental hearing because of your excessive speeding.
As for the removal of points, 3 points are taken off of your driving record for every 12 consecutive months a person drives without a violation.
PA allows a surcharge, an additional premium charge, to be added to your auto insurance expense for a limited number of years as a result of traffic violations listed on your driving record. So depending on your insurance's rating system your rates might be effected by your speeding ticket.