New drivers of passenger vehicles in Ontario, Canada must learn to drive through the graduated licensing system. When you have a G1 licence, there are 6 conditions you must follow. These restrictions include:
- maintaining a zero blood alcohol level while driving;
- be accompanied by a fully licensed driver, who has at least 4 years driving experience, and they must have a blood alcohol level of less than .05 percent, in case they need to over as driver;
- have only the accompanying driver in the front seat;
- limit the number of other passengers to the number of working seatbelts;
- refrain from driving on Ontario's 400 series or high speed expressways;
- refrain from driving between midnight and 5:00 a.m.
So with a qualified accompanying fully licensed driver you can drive during certain night time hours but not after midnight or before 5:00 a.m.