Call Us Toll Free: 1-855-430-7753

How do I dispose of my car once it is totaled?

If you are covered by insurance for your totaled vehicle, either your own collision coverage or the at fault party's property damage liability insurance, then after the insurance carrier settles with you for the actual cash value (ACV) of the vehicle you will sign over the vehicle to them so that they can dispose of the vehicle.

Depending upon the damage to the vehicle they may sell it for salvage, sell it at an auction, etc. Once they have paid you ACV the vehicle becomes theirs to sell and try to recoup some of the monies paid out for the claim.

If you totaled your vehicle and do not have an insurance company to make a claim with, due to being at fault and not having collision coverage or other reasons, then you can try contacting salvage or junk yard that buys salvage or wrecked vehicles.


Add Comment

Leave a Comment
0 Responses to "How do I dispose of my car once it is totaled?"