Call Us Toll Free: 1-855-430-7753


See if your question's been answered
Looking for more answers? Find advice to
commonly asked questions from our team
of insurance experts.


I received a moving violation in Delaware, will this effect my PA license?


Pennsylvania and Delaware are both members of the Drivers License Compact (DLC) which means that the DE courts should inform PennDOT of this moving violation you received, if you are convicted of it. For example if you received a speeding ticket in Delaware and decided to plead guilty and pay the fine then this would normally be considered a conviction and thus would be reported to Pennsylvania.

Whether this out of state moving violation will affect your PA driver's license will depend upon the offense cited on your traffic ticket. The state of Pennsylvania has determined not to put minor out of state traffic violations onto PA motorists' driving record. Also points are not assessed to a PA driving record when the motorist is convicted of a point related offense in another DLC member state.

Some minor infractions may include speeding, running a red light, failure to stop at a stop sign, etc. If you are unsure if your Delaware moving violation is considered minor or major by Pennsylvania you can contact the PA DMV to find out. PennDOT should also be able to tell you if this particular type of violation conviction will be placed on your driving record or affect your PA license in any way.


Add Comment

Leave a Comment
0 Responses to "I received a moving violation in Delaware, will this effect my PA license?"