Most of our carriers make all documents, including your policy, available online, or they will give you, the consumer, the option to receive their documents by mail or online. For those consumers that selected the option to receive by mail, it will require a simple phone call to customer service and a replacement policy jacket will be mailed to you if you need a new copy of your policy.
So CarInsurance.com offers online services for many of their insurance carriers; you can access or edit your account through your CarInsurance.com account or directly through the carrier. If you chose to receive your documents online, then you need to log into your account to review your electronic documents.
Simply, log into your CarInsurance.com account (Manage Your Account choice from the left menu once on our site) and after you are signed in and on your account screen, you will see the options that will allow you to do the following or direct you to the carrier site to:
- Pay your bill
- Check your billing history
- Change your payment due date or bank account information
- Order a copy of your policy
- Order new insurance ID cards
- View/download your policy documents
- Change your name
- Change your address
- Updating your Auto Loan Provider (Loss Payee)
- Add a driver to your Auto policy
- Change vehicles
- Delete a driver from your Auto policy
- View information about your claims
For your situation:
- Determine if you can log into your account from the Manage Your Account links on our site.
- If you can't log in, use the option to retrieve your password.
- If you received quote or policy through our call center, but never setup an online account then follow the link on the login screen to get access to your policy.
- Once you log in, towards the bottom of the page is a section labeled 'Your Policy Documents. From there you click, view, email, or download the images.
Not all carriers have all these options available online. If you do not see the option to print out your policy or to make any policy changes you may want to do than you may need to handle this through phoning your carrier. The number for Direct General Insurance is 1-800-444-4211.
As always, you can call the CarInsurance.com customer service center at 1-855-430-7753 if you need help logging into your account or determining how to get a copy of your policy.