If you are stopped and determined to be operating your vehicle without insurance in Pennsylvania, you could face the following penalties and expenses:
- A minimum of $300 fine for driving uninsured
- A three month suspension of your driver's license
- $50 restoration fee to restore your driver's license
- A three month suspension of your vehicle registration
- $50 restoration fee to restore your vehicle registration
- That the vehicle may not be driven by anyone while the registration is suspended.
The penalty for a conviction of driving with an expired or invalid license, according to the PA Vehicle Code, is a fine of $200. If proof can be furnished showing that the person held drivers license formerly and no more than one year has elapsed from the last date of renewal the fine is $25. The PA Driver and Vehicle services will suspend the operating privileges for 6 months of any driver who is convicted of a subsequent driver's license offense within 5 years.