Call Us Toll Free: 1-855-430-7753


Over 10,000 questions asked & answered

Hi Penny!

Answering your questions since 2005


Need SR22 for liability insurance?


Do I need a SR22 for insurance lapse?

In Arizona, it is possible to need a sr22 for insurance lapse. Often, the sr22 is required as a by-product of a DUI or multiple traffic violations. However, in Arizona, the state is notified by your old insurance company if your policy is no longer active. At that point, the state will send you a notice for you to provide them proof of your insurance. If you fail to provide this proof Arizona will suspend your driver's license and/or your registration. And to reinstate these items, Arizona will require you to carry a sr22 form for three years from your suspension date.

If your license is suspended due to a DUI or multiple traffic violations, then it will increase your liability insurance rate.

[Let help you find affordable auto insurance now.]



Tell us what you think about this answer

Leave a Comment
(required; won't be published)
0 Responses to "Need SR22 for liability insurance?"