Call Us Toll Free: 1-855-430-7753


See if your question's been answered
Looking for more answers? Find advice to
commonly asked questions from our team
of insurance experts.


Where do I find the number to report an accident?


If you have purchased insurance through CarInsurance.com than you should contact the insurance company which your policy was written with to report an accident and file a claim if necessary. We have the customer service and claims contact information posted for each of our carriers on our website located under the Partners and Affiliates page which you can click here to get to.

Once on this page, find your insurance carrier and click on their name and you will see their customer service number and claims number come up so that you can call for customer service to ask about your specific policy, coverages, etc. There also is the claims number listed which you can call to file a claim or to report an accident in which you were at fault and that someone else may be calling to make a claim again your liability coverages.

Your insurance company's claims phone number can also be found on the insured's insurance card. Some carriers have online claims service. Currently we are aware of the following carriers offering the ability to track or file a claim online:

  • Progressive
  • Esurance
  • Safeco Insurance
  • Unitrin Direct
  • Travelers
  • The Hartford
  • QBE
  • Meritplan Insurance
  • Newport Insurance

If you did not obtain your auto insurance from the CarInsurance.com site, then you still follow the same steps of calling your insurance company's claim number -- which should be on your insurance card --and reporting the accident and damages and/or injuries. Your insurance provider may also have a way in which you can report your claim online if you go to their site.

If you have been hit by another person and want to report the accident to them and file a claim against the at-fault party's insurance policy than you will need the insurance information that you received from that person or from the police/accident report at the scene of the accident. You can then call their insurance provider's claims department to file a claim.

Typically, you'll need to have the insured's name and insurance policy number and be ready to explain basic information surrounding the accident. If the other party has already called in the claim themselves than a claim number may already be assigned as they have started the claims process and investigation into liability.

We have many articles on how to file claims, what to do after an accident and how to negotiate a settlement to your claim that may be helpful to you if you are in the process of filing an auto insurance claim. You can contact our customer service department at 1-855-430-7753 if you need more information or help reporting your accident with a CarInsurance.com partner. We will be able to provide you with contact information for your insurance company.


Add Comment

Leave a Comment
0 Responses to "Where do I find the number to report an accident?"