Get average car insurance rates for El Paso, TX by coverage level, ZIP code and company. Also get advice and information needed to make a smart decision to get cheapest insurance.
Here you’ll learn everything you need to know to buy the best car insurance policy in El Paso for your particular situation. You’ll see which carriers are rated as the best car insurance companies for customer satisfaction and what the average car insurance rates are for your neighborhood.
You’ll also discover how much you can save from knowing how to make smart choices about coverage. And, find out how rates for El Paso drivers are affected by tickets, accidents and adding teen drivers.
- Texas Farm Bureau Mut Ins Co has the cheapest car insurance rates in El Paso, based on CarInsurance.com’s rate analysis for three different coverage levels.
- In Texas comprehensive costs $403 and collision costs $606, on an average per year, according to a rate data analysis done by CarInsurance.com.
- ZIP 79930 has the highest average rate of $1,918 annually in El Paso for a full coverage policy of 100/300/100 for a driver aged 30.
- You can save an average of $1,547 a year on a full coverage policy in El Paso by comparing price quotes from different car insurance companies, according to CarInsurance.com’s rate analysis.
- Who Has The Best Car Insurance in El Paso, TX?
- Cheap Car Insurance in El Paso, Texas
- Car Insurance Coverage – How Much Car Insurance do I Need in El Paso?
- Average Car Insurance Rates in El Paso
- Compare Car Insurance Quotes in El Paso – How to Save on Insurance Policy?
- Guide to car insurance (with rates) in cities of Texas
Who Has The Best Car Insurance in El Paso, TX?
Deciding who has the best car insurance to suit your needs depends on what is most important to you. For some it may be price, while others may value customer service the most. Still others may be looking for the convenience of mobile apps, or a company that offers the most car insurance discounts.
Below we list car insurance companies in El Paso, and who they are the best at serving, based on CarInsurance.com’s customer satisfaction survey of current policy holders and rate data analysis.
|Low Annual Mileage||Allstate F&C|
|Good Student||Nationwide CCMIC|
|Paid in Full||Allstate F&C|
Cheap Car Insurance in El Paso, Texas
Texas Farm Bureau Mut Ins Co and State Farm Mut Auto Ins Co have the cheapest car insurance rates in El Paso, based on our rate analysis for three different coverage levels. The driver profile is for age 30, with good credit and a clean driving record. You can see how major insurers rank for price in the chart below
Car Insurance Coverage – How Much Car Insurance do I Need in El Paso?
Below we’ll explain what coverage you need to drive legally, which is your state required minimum liability limits, and what types of car insurance you may need to be truly protected.
Minimum Car Insurance Requirements in El Paso
Texas car insurance laws require only that you insure yourself against bodily injury and property damage liability, so it’s your choice whether to add coverage for yourself, your passengers, and your vehicle.
If you have a newer model car, it makes sense to get comprehensive insurance and collision coverage. In Texas, comprehensive costs $403 and collision costs $606, on an average per year, according to a rate data analysis done by CarInsurance.com.
These optional coverages come with a deductible. That’s the amount you pay before your insurance company pays. Typical deductibles amounts are $1,000, $500 and $250 – you choose which one you want. The higher the deductible is, the lower your rate will be.
The best car insurance coverage usually isn’t the cheapest. You may be used if you’re in an accident and your insurance doesn’t cover all of the damages. That means your home or savings could be in jeopardy.
To protect your assets, you should buy liability insurance in the following amounts:
- $1,00,000 to pay for others’ medical bills
- $3,00,000 to pay for injuries to others in an accident you cause
- $1,00,000 to pay for damage to others’ property
You should also consider buying these optional coverages:
- Comprehensive, which replaces stolen cars and covers damage to your car from floods, fire, hail, vandalism.
- Collision, which pays for damage to your car from accidents.
The average rate for El Paso drivers for a year of minimum coverage is $516 according to our rate analysis. If you increased your coverage to 50/100/50, you would pay just about $2 more a month, or $28 more a year.
You can get full coverage (100/300/100) by paying $108 more a month, or an additional $1,294 a year more than minimum-level coverage.
El Paso average for:
- Minimum coverage: $516
- 50/100/50: $544
- 100/300/100: $1,810
Average Car Insurance Rates in El Paso
CarInsurance.com analyzed car insurance rates from six car insurance companies for nearly every ZIP code in Texas. Here’s how El Paso’s highest average rate $1,918 for ZIP 79930 compares to others, for a full coverage policy of 100/300/100 for a driver age 30:
- $171 more than the least expensive average rate $1,747 in ZIP code 79934
- $1,534 more than the state average $1,823
- $1,594 more than the national average rate $1,763
Compare Car Insurance Quotes in El Paso – How to Save on Insurance Policy?
You can save an average of $1,547 annually on a full coverage policy in El Paso by comparing car insurance quotes, according to CarInsurance.com’s rate analysis. While savings will depend on your particular circumstances, this shows that there is a significant benefit to shopping your policy.
Why Does Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Save Money?
No two insurance companies will charge the same amount of money for the same policy. So if you compare car insurance quotes and opt for the lowest, you won’t over pay. For example, the highest rate from any carrier surveyed for ZIP code 79930 , the priciest ZIP code El Paso car insurance, was $3,357 .
The lowest was $1,459. The difference is $1,898, which is how much you could overpay. That’s why car insurance comparisons are paramount to finding the best cheap car insurance for your situation.