Here you’ll learn everything you need to know to buy the best car insurance policy in Spokane for your particular situation. You’ll see which carriers are rated as the best car insurance companies for customer satisfaction and what the average car insurance rates are for your neighborhood.
You’ll also discover how much you can save from knowing how to make smart choices about coverage. And, find out how rates for Spokane drivers are affected by tickets, accidents and adding teen drivers.
- The average car insurance cost in Spokane, WA for a full coverage policy is $1,576 a year, according to CarInsurance.com research.
- Geico Gen Ins Co has the cheapest full coverage car insurance quotes in Spokane among all the carriers analyzed.
- You can save an average of $993 per year on a full coverage policy in Spokane by comparing price quotes from different carriers.
- In Washington, comprehensive insurance costs an average of $151 and collision coverage is $474 per year, based on CarInsurance.com rate analysis.
- Who Has The Best Car Insurance in Spokane, WA?
- Cheap Car Insurance in Spokane, Washington
- Car Insurance Coverage – How Much Car Insurance do I Need in Spokane?
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Spokane
- Compare Car Insurance Quotes in Spokane – How to Save on Insurance Policy?
- Guide to car insurance (with rates) in cities of Washington
Who Has The Best Car Insurance in Spokane, WA?
Deciding who has the best car insurance to suit your needs depends on what is most important to you. For some it may be price, while others may value customer service the most. Still others may be looking for the convenience of mobile apps, or a company that offers the most car insurance discounts.
Below we list car insurance companies in Spokane, and who they are the best at serving, based on CarInsurance.com’s customer satisfaction survey of current policy holders and rate data analysis.
|Low Annual Mileage||State Farm Mutual Auto|
|Good Student||State Farm Mutual Auto|
|Paid in Full||Progressive Direct|
Cheap Car Insurance in Spokane, Washington
Geico Gen Ins Co and Progressive Direct Ins Co have the cheapest car insurance rates in Spokane, based on our rate analysis for three different coverage levels. The driver profile is for age 30, with good credit and a clean driving record. You can see how major insurers rank for price in the chart below
Car Insurance Coverage – How Much Car Insurance do I Need in Spokane?
Below we’ll explain what coverage you need to drive legally, which is your state required minimum liability limits, and what types of car insurance you may need to be truly protected.
Minimum Car Insurance Requirements in Spokane
Washington car insurance laws require only that you insure yourself against bodily injury and property damage liability, so it’s your choice whether to add coverage for yourself, your passengers, and your vehicle.
If you have a newer model car, it makes sense to get comprehensive insurance and collision coverage. In Washington, comprehensive costs $151 and collision costs $474, on an average per year, according to a rate data analysis done by CarInsurance.com.
These optional coverages come with a deductible. That’s the amount you pay before your insurance company pays. Typical deductibles amounts are $1,000, $500 and $250 – you choose which one you want. The higher the deductible is, the lower your rate will be.
The best car insurance coverage usually isn’t the cheapest. You may be used if you’re in an accident and your insurance doesn’t cover all of the damages. That means your home or savings could be in jeopardy.
To protect your assets, you should buy liability insurance in the following amounts:
- $1,00,000 to pay for others’ medical bills
- $3,00,000 to pay for injuries to others in an accident you cause
- $1,00,000 to pay for damage to others’ property
You should also consider buying these optional coverages:
- Comprehensive, which replaces stolen cars and covers damage to your car from floods, fire, hail, vandalism.
- Collision, which pays for damage to your car from accidents.
The average rate for Spokane drivers for a year of minimum coverage is $528 according to our rate analysis. If you increased your coverage to 50/100/50, you would pay just about $4 more a month, or $48 more a year.
You can get full coverage (100/300/100) by paying $87 more a month, or an additional $1,048 a year more than minimum-level coverage.
Spokane average for:
- Minimum coverage: $528
- 50/100/50: $576
- 100/300/100: $1,576
Average Car Insurance Rates in Spokane
CarInsurance.com analyzed car insurance rates from six car insurance companies for nearly every ZIP code in Washington. Here’s how Spokane’s highest average rate $1,638 for ZIP 99201 compares to others, for a full coverage policy of 100/300/100 for a driver age 30:
- $128 more than the least expensive average rate $1,510 in ZIP code 99206
- $929 more than the state average $1,640
- $806 more than the national average rate $1,763
Compare Car Insurance Quotes in Spokane – How to Save on Insurance Policy?
You can save an average of $993 annually on a full coverage policy in Spokane by comparing car insurance quotes, according to CarInsurance.com’s rate analysis. While savings will depend on your particular circumstances, this shows that there is a significant benefit to shopping your policy.
Why Does Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Save Money?
No two insurance companies will charge the same amount of money for the same policy. So if you compare car insurance quotes and opt for the lowest, you won’t over pay. For example, the highest rate from any carrier surveyed for ZIP code 99201 , the priciest ZIP code Spokane car insurance, was $2,569 .
The lowest was $1,100. The difference is $1,469, which is how much you could overpay. That’s why car insurance comparisons are paramount to finding the best cheap car insurance for your situation.
— Les Masterson contributed to this story.