Call Us Toll Free: 1-855-430-7753


See if your question's been answered
Looking for more answers? Find advice to
commonly asked questions from our team
of insurance experts.


Difficulties getting a quote due to suspended license


Question: What is the difference between a SR-22 and a SR-50 car insurance? My license is currently suspended until I pay a reinstatement fee and show proof of SR-50 car insurance. I am having problems getting a quote due to having a suspended license.

Answer: The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) lists a SR-22 as a form used for proof of financial responsibility (FR) by drivers who have been convicted of an offense which requires the driver to maintain FR for a 3 year period. Such violations include, but are not limited to: OWI and Leaving the Scene on an Accident.

The BMV states that a SR-50 is a form used by a person to provide proof of current insurance to the Bureau. This form shows the Bureau both the begin and end dates of the current policy.

It can be difficult to find auto insurance with a suspended license unless you are going to shortly get your license reinstated. It appears you are in the process of getting your driver's license back, so start to compare insurance companies for different rates. Some of our carriers require a phone call because of license status.


Add Comment

Leave a Comment
4 Responses to "Difficulties getting a quote due to suspended license"
  1. Anonymous

    very helpful

  2. Anonymous

    this was very helpful

  3. Anonymous

    I asked about a SR 50 Form and all it talks about is an SR 22 form.

  4. Anonymous

    I just spent the last 30 minutes filling out all the forms online only to find out they cannot help me with this SR-50